Smooth Media is looking for a freelance graphic designer to join our team. This role is great for someone with a keen eye for design of course, but also loves digging into content and using their talents to tell a story through graphics.
More on the role: Our mission at Smooth is to build media companies with creators. That means a huge portion of our work entails building and then operating original newsletters with creators. (Here are some examples.)
Each newsletter has its own brand and style, and we take the design process seriously. That’s because we know that building premium products is synonymous with building visually engaging ones. Newsletters need images! And captivating design! And the occasional GIF!
That’s where you come in.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with our editorial team to source, create, and style images for our newsletters
- Work closely with the Smooth team and the creators with whom we work to ensure we’re leveling up our newsletter with premium design each edition
- And an important note: You’ll rarely need to create graphics fully from scratch—this job is primarily focused on sourcing great images, touching them up, and adding extra flourishes to match the brand when appropriate
What we're looking for:
- You’re a self-starter and are prepared to thrive on a small team.
- You know your way around the internet and can find great images and surface creative ideas (we also properly source + credit images of course!).
- You have a keen eye for design—you know which stock images rock and which kinda stink.
- You have strong design skills and can handle working on multiple different brands at once.
What we can offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Remote role and (mostly) flexible schedule
- We’re a pretty fun team tbh
How to apply: